Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Genesis 20:13

[Abraham said] "And when God had me wander from my father's household, I said to her, 'This is how you can show your love to me:  Everywhere we go, say of me, "He is my brother."'"

Oh, for Pete's sake, Abraham!  Did you really not learn your lesson back in chapter 12?  Why on earth do you keep doing this to your wife?  (Although I have to admit it really surprises me that he's still worried about men hitting on her now, when Sarah is 90 years old.  Apparently she was a pretty hot old lady!)

So anyways, here we have the same story, just another king.  And we learn that Abraham told Sarah that lying for him would prove her love.  Seriously?  That old line?  "If you really love me..."

I want to be a wife who demonstrates love to her husband.  I want my words and actions to reflect that I love and respect him.  But first and foremost, my life needs to reflect my obedience to God.  God first, my husband second.

No comments:

Post a Comment