Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Genesis 18:10-15

So Sarah laughed to herself...

Who can blame Sarah for laughing when God said that she would have a son?  After all, she was 90 years old.  She had given up on that dream many years earlier.  Certainly had I been in her sandals, I would have said, "Nice thought, but not gonna happen."

But as God pointed out a few verses later, nothing is too hard for Him.  It wasn't about whether or not Sarah was Mom Enough - it was about God being God Enough.

Where do I put my faith?  In my own abilities?  In my husband's?  In our bank account (not likely!)?  In the marvels of modern medicine?  If my faith is in anyone or anything but God, it is sorely misplaced.  God is indeed God Enough, and I should never laugh, doubt, or question what He says He will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment