Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Proverbs 31:26

She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

James 3 talks about the power of the tongue - The tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts.  Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark.  The tongue is also a fire...It corrupts the whole person...  How quickly our words can cause damage!  Gossip, pettiness, prejudice, insults, lies...the list goes on.  These words have no place coming out of the mouth of a godly woman. 

I confess this is probably my greatest area of sin.  It is so easy to let unkind words slip out.  I'm getting better, but I have a long way to go.  I try to ask myself "Does this really need to be said?" before I say anything - but sometimes my mouth moves faster than my brain.  The key is the heart.  If the sinful thoughts are not there, they won't slip out of my mouth.  My prayer is Psalm 19:14 -

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord my Rock and my Redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment