Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Proverbs 31:13-14

She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.  She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar.

We don't do a whole lot with wool and flax at our house, but I will admit that there are times when I'm coming home from the grocery store that I feel like a merchant ship bringing food from afar.

The Proverbs 31 woman is a wife who works hard to supply food and clothes for her family.  She is prudent and practical in her selections, being careful not to waste resources.  I find it interesting that the passage says "eager hands".  I'm not sure that my work can always be characterized as eager.  Eager to get done, maybe.  But I think she finds joy in serving her family.  She wants to be industrious and to see the fruits of her labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment