Monday, October 15, 2012

Proverbs 31:21-22

When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet.  She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

She plans ahead and is prepared for each season.  Day and night her family is provided for.  She takes pride in her appearance.  I've sometimes wondered about the stereotypical '50s housewife, vacuuming in heels and pearls.  I've thought about trying that for a day (although as yet I haven't done it).  I'm guessing that if I dressed with more care, even when expecting to spend the day cleaning house, I would also take more pride in the appearance of the house.  When I wear a sweatshirt and jeans, that's the standard I'm setting for myself.  Clothes should not be a source of pride, but I do think they have an effect on one's attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment