Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Proverbs 31:17-18

She sets out about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.  She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night.

One of my greatest struggles is laziness.  I don't call it that though.  I refer to it with much more honorable titles.  "I'm spending time with my girls" (sitting on the couch watching TV).  "Reading this book is expanding my mind" (while dirty dishes clutter the counter).  Facebook is a "prayer tool" (it is, but I waste more time on the computer than I actually spend praying for my Facebook friends).

These things, in and of themselves, are not all bad.  But when there is work to be done and I'm selfishly wasting time, something needs to change.  The Proverbs 31 woman works "vigorously" and late into the night.  She is hard-working and anything but lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment