Thursday, September 13, 2012

Esther 4:15-16

Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai:  "Go, gather all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me.  Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day.  I and my maids will fast as you do.  When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law.  And if I perish, I perish."

As we read yesterday, Esther was called upon to do something hard and incredibly risky.  Her response was to go.  But notice what she did first - she fasted, and she called on others to fast (and presumably pray) with her.

You do not have to face challenges alone.  God is by our side, always.  But He has also given us the fellowship of other believers.  We have brothers and sisters in Christ who can also walk the road with us, people who will fast, pray, counsel, encourage.  Call on these people to hold you up in prayer, and remember to hold them up when they are the ones doing hard things.

No comments:

Post a Comment