Thursday, July 26, 2012

Judges 13:8

Then Manoah prayed to the Lord:  "O Lord, I beg You, let the man of God You sent to us come again to teach us how to bring up the boy who is to be born."

As I write this, my two children are on mission trips far from home - my older daughter is in Nicaragua and my younger one is in Nepal.  I have been through many mixed emotions in the past ten months or so since we first started thinking about these trips, but there is one thing I have been confident about - that God would be with my girls no matter what.

Long before they were born, God had them in their hands.  He knit them together and is familiar with all their ways (Psalm 139).  My husband and I have done what we could, often by trial and error.  But ultimately they are who they are because of Jesus Christ.

How wonderful to know that God does not intend for us to parent our children alone!  There is such a peace in knowing that He answers every prayer we lift up for our children.  His Word is the perfect parenting manual. 

Spend time with your husband daily asking God for wisdom in raising the children He has entrusted to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment