Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Exodus 15:20

Then Miriam the prophetess, Aaron's sister, took a tambourine in her hand, and all the women followed her, with tamborines and dancing.

God tells us to worship Him.  In fact, seven times in the Psalms we are told to "make a joyful noise" unto the Lord.  It seems sad that we have to be told to do this, it should come naturally.  But for some of us - myself included - it doesn't. 

I love Bible study, the meatier the better.  I'm really big on prayer.  And I love hearing about awesome things that God has done.  But singing just isn't me.  In my mind, worship time at church is something we do to fill time before the sermon, and I'd be fine with cutting out a song or two.  I'm not an outwardly expressive kind of person, and the introvert in me would rather spend time in quiet contemplation.

I'm thankful that God has gifted some with the spirit of praise.  It's good to be reminded that we are to bless the Lord at all times (Psalm 34).

No comments:

Post a Comment