Monday, January 7, 2013

John 4:39

Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in Him because of the woman's testimony...

This is beautiful.  Where the woman once hid in shame because of her sin, she now rejoiced in the freedom found in Christ.  "He told me everything I ever did," she said.  Her past no longer mattered.  Nobody could hold it over her head, because she had come clean with her Savior.  And now she wanted others to experience that same freedom and joy.  Unable to hold it inside, she spread the news as quickly as she could.

We too can have that same freedom.  Once we have confessed our sins and accepted God's grace, we don't have to hide.  Satan can try - and oh, he sure does - to remind us of our pasts.  He flaunts our failures in our faces.  But we can say "Get thee behind me, Satan!"  Whatever we've done, it no longer matters.  People might still remember our former selves.  "Aren't you the one who...?"  But we can joyfully answer, "Yes, I was.  But let me tell you what Jesus did for me.  He knows all about that, but He still loves me and wants me!"

Don't hold it in.  You've been redeemed!  You are a child of grace!  You have been promised eternity with Jesus!  That is definitely something worth sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment